Astor provides behavioral health and educational services offering children the opportunity to meet life’s challenges, pursue their dreams, and reach their full potential.
Astor will be the preeminent provider of behavioral health and educational services through high quality, comprehensive services to children and families in New York State.
- for the inherent worth and dignity of children, families and co-workers.
- for the remarkable strength and resiliency of our clients.
- for diversity and cultural traditions.
- for the agency’s heritage and philosophy.
- through the creation of a climate of optimism among children and their families as well as our co-workers.
- through acknowledging and supporting the strengths and resiliency of each child and family.
- through the creation of a workplace that promotes wellness and support among co-workers.
- achieved by striving for excellence and attaining the highest level of professional and ethical practice in every aspect of the agency’s operation.
- achieved by developing, exploring and implementing effective approaches to preventing and addressing behavioral health and learning challenges and optimizing development in children in an ever-changing environment.
- achieved by employing and retaining qualified personnel in all disciplines and providing opportunities for their professional development and training.
- with families that supports their decision making role in all aspects of the lives of their children.
- with co-workers committed to the service of children and families.
- with community, government and colleagues promptly acting to develop plans to meet the needs of children and families.
- built on honest and transparent communication.
- built on ethical principles.
- built on equity.