Astor is committed to providing high quality treatment and child development services for youngsters and their families in the least restrictive setting and at the earliest possible point of intervention. To this end, we operate a wide range of community-based and residential behavioral health treatment programs as well as early childhood development and parenting programs at multiple locations throughout our service region.
Astor values a collaborative approach to service development and delivery. The services we provide today are the response to identified needs in the communities where they are located and are often delivered in partnership with other service providers such as schools, BOCES, day care providers, foster care agencies, shelters, etc.
Astor’s services are available to all for whom they are appropriate.*
Astor now serves thousands of children each year, not including family members, and the need keeps growing. More than ever, we need to give children a healthy childhood that prepares them to fulfill their potential and give back to their communities. Because every child deserves a childhood.
Our mission is to provide behavioral and educational services in a caring environment where children and their families find strength, healing, hope and trust.
Our vision is to see children meet life’s challenges, pursue their dreams, and reach their full potential.
- for the inherent worth and dignity of children, families and co-workers.
- for the remarkable strength and resiliency of our clients.
- for diversity and cultural traditions.
- for the agency’s heritage and philosophy.
- through the creation of a climate of optimism among children and their families as well as our co-workers
- through acknowledging and supporting the strengths and resiliency of each child and family.
- through the creation of a workplace that promotes wellness and support among co-workers.
- achieved by striving for excellence and attaining the highest level of professional and ethical practice in every aspect of the agency’s operation.
- achieved by developing, exploring and implementing effective approaches to preventing and addressing behavioral health and learning challenges and optimizing development in children in an ever-changing environment.
- achieved by employing and retaining qualified personnel in all disciplines and providing opportunities for their professional development and training.
- with families that supports their decision making role in all aspects of the lives of their children.
- with co-workers committed to the service of children and families.
- with community, government and colleagues promptly acting to develop plans to meet the needs of children and families.
- built on honest and transparent communication.
- built on ethical principles.
- built on equity.
* – Astor’s services are available to all for whom they are appropriate without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, national origin, or health status.