Please note that Astor is doing everything possible to ensure that clients and families are receiving their needed services. Our primary goal is to keep clients and staff safe during this time. If you have specific questions about the services you receive from us, whether our location is opened or closed or any other question about how Astor is managing this pandemic, please call the number above.
Astor Services for Children & Families prides itself in putting our clients, families, and employees first. We want to assure our constituents that Astor is doing everything possible to stay on top of the latest news and developments pertaining to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
We can assure you that our team is taking necessary and extensive precautions to mitigate risks and maintain the safety of our families, employees and the community. A response plan has been established and we are carefully monitoring the Center for Disease Control and Preventions’ (CDC) recommendations.
To ensure safety and minimize exposure while continuing to provide crucial services to our clients, the following measures have been taken:
- We have reprioritized our cleaning efforts, and have increased frequency to mitigate virus spread.
- We are working to ensure hand sanitizer is available at all locations and we continue to encourage best practices such as hand washing and social distancing.
- We have activated our Emergency Response Plan and use of the Incident Command System to organize our ongoing response to this health emergency. Our agency team is meeting daily and more often as needed to ensure our clients and staff are safe.
- We continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize surfaces with disinfectant. Property-wide, protective gloves are being used and particular care is given to high-traffic surfaces including banisters, doorknobs, and light switches.
- All meetings have been moved to virtual formats to ensure the safety of all participants.
- We have mandated that if a staff member is showing any signs of illness, they must stay home, and we are adopting the same protocol for all clients and family members showing signs of illness or exposure.
- And, as everyone is practicing, we are all frequently washing our hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoiding facial touches.
The most up-to-date information can be gathered by contacting the toll-free, New York State Novel Coronavirus Hotline at 888-364-3065. If you have questions, concerns or need further guidance, please call them directly and, if needed, do not hesitate to connect with our team here at Astor.
For Hudson Valley residents, you can also contact the Dutchess County Coronavirus Information Hotline: 845-486-3555.
As information about COVID-19 develops, we will provide regular updates to keep you informed. The health and safety of all members of the Astor community continues to be our top priority, and we thank you for your support and vigilance during this difficult time.
Your team at Astor Services for Children & Families