Looking for some fun ideas to stimulate the kids, check out these online sources!
AT HOME EDUCATION
Looking for educational resources online can be tricky. During this time, it is important to keep your kids on a schedule and learning. Here are some helpful links that provide printable worksheets, games, and other activities.
- Free Printable Worksheets for students
- Scholastic Learning at Home
- Around the Kampfire
- ABCmouse.com (First 30 days are free)
- www.adventureacademy.com (First 30 days are free)
- Curriculum Associates – Free printable reading and math activity packs (in English and Spanish).
ART CLASSES & CRAFT PROJECTS
Running out of ideas for Arts and Crafts? Pre-k – 8th-grade art classes FREE online!
Re-cycling/up-cycling crafts, Textile making, painting classes.
PODCASTS & VIDEOS FOR KIDS
Sometimes it’s nice just to sit and listen. Kids are constantly engaged on tablets, computers, watches, etc… Utilizing these same tools, engage your kids in a different way of learning. Podcasts are a fun and easy way to learn. This is also a great tool to have your kids enjoy some downtime from the “screen.”
- Kindness 101 with Steve Hartman on Facebook
- The 25 Best Podcasts for Kids
- Brains On – Cool Podcast with subjects ranging from Plants to Narwhales!
Celebrities reading books to children.
FREE AUDIOBOOKS & EBOOKS
These are great for those just learning how to read or kids that are looking for a little break from screen time. Free books for kids of all ages.
Free Ivy League School online courses
Take advantage of the time while home-schooling to continue your own education! The link below will take you to some of the most prestigious schools offering FREE online courses from accounting to science. Check it out! Also a good resource for kids not sure about what College courses look like, this could provide valuable insight to those kids who may be heading off to college next Fall!
All kids love field trips! Here are some awesome links that will provide you access to some of the most renowned Museums, Art Galleries, Aquariums, and palaces around the World. These links will be helpful to those kids with a thirst for travel and education! Many of the tours are interactive and have “guides” that can answer questions. These will be helpful when kids get exhausted from doing schoolwork, this provides an educational outlet while allowing the child to create their own lesson plan!
- Anne Frank House
- Boston Childen’s Museum
- Buckingham Palace
- British Museum London
- Discovery Virtual Field Trips
- Ellis Island Interactive Tour
- Guggenheim Museum, NYC
Zoo & Aquarium Web Cams
- Chattanooga Zoo Webcams
- Cincinnati Zoo Virtual Safaris on Facebook
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Georgia Aquarium
- Houston Zoo
VIRTUAL TOURS AND LIVE WEBCAMS
www.youvisit.com offers some unique and innovative options for learning. Many of the tours are geared towards National Monuments, Universities, Art, and then some cool Virtual Reality Simulated options. These tours could be done as a family or as an educational activity. Webcams are a fun and interesting way to learn and experience “virtual travel” check these out!
EXCERCISE & RELAXATION VIDEOS
- YMCA of Greater New York
- Go Noodle offers lots of engaging, fun, and exciting ways to get kids moving and that heart rate up!
Explaining the Coronavirus to Kids:
- Coronavirus – A Book For Children
- Learn about the Coronavirus – a coloring book for children
- Why We Stay Home – Suzie learns about the Coronavirus
- Understanding Coronavirus for Kids: A cartoon to help children understand
- #COVIBOOK: Supporting and reassuring children around the world