Resources for families and children in the Hudson Valley & Bronx
NYS Dept of Health Novel Coronavirus Hotline
Mental Health & Emotional Support
Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314
The Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling.
If you need immediate medical assistance, please dial 911.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
Crisis Text Line: Text “Got5” to 741-741
OMH Mental Health Resources
Fountain House College Re-Entry Program for 18-30-year-olds who withdrew from their studies due to mental health challenges – https://collegereentry.org/.
Hudson Valley Resources:
- Dutchess Responds
features information for Dutchess County residents who want to offer assistance, through volunteering, monetary donations or other efforts to help in the fight against Coronavirus.
- Dutchess County Outreach
Food Pantry – The food pantry will be held on Saturdays from 10 am – 1pm
Church of the Messiah, 6436 Montgomery Street, Rhinebeck, NY
- Rockland County Government
- Ulster County COVID-19 Information
- Kingston Emergency Food Hotline 888-316-0879
Open to families served by the Kingston School District
- Project Resilience Food Delivery– To request meal delivery,
COVID-19 Testing Sites
COVID-19 testing sites
Visit ABC7 News
Lehman College – The NYS Dept. of Health has made drive-thru testing for COVID-19 available in Lehman College, 250 Bedford Park Blvd W, Bronx. By appointment only. Contact 1-888-364-3065.
Jacobi Hospital – The NYC Health and Hospitals Corp. has made drive-thru testing available at Jacobi Hospital, 1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx. By appointment only. Please contact 311.
Grab & Go Breakfast & Lunch available for any student at the entrance of every DOE school building from 7:30 am-1:30 pm. More information https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals
Catholic Charities – Feeding Our Neighbors Food Program
For more information on other services call our Catholic Charities HELPLINE #: 1-888-744-7900. FreshDirect has partnered with Catholic Charities to provide grab and go meals. Call before heading out to any of these locations due to limited resources.
- St. Lucy’s Church on Tuesdays – 833 Mace Ave, Bronx, NY 10467
- CCCS Bronx Food Pantry – 402 East 152nd Street Bronx Wed. 11am-2pm; Thurs., Fri. 10-12. Rolando Rodriguez 718 292-9090
- St. Augustine Food Pantry – 1168 Franklin Avenue Bronx Mon. 10-12noon;Thurs. 5-7pm. Raymond Garcia 718-213-4458
- Abraham House – 342 Willis Avenue Bronx Sat. 6:30am-7:30am Althea Brooks 718-292-9321
- Immaculate Conception Food Pantry –754 East Gun Hill Road Bronx Mon-Fri, Call Ahead Fr. Meena 718-653-2200
- St. Frances of Rome Food Pantry – 4307 Barnes Avenue Bronx Alt. Fri. 10am-12 noon Lorrin Johnson 718-324-5340
- St. Jerome’s Food Pantry – 230 Alexander Avenue Bronx Wed. 4-6pm Sr. Ana Zamora 718 402-7866
- St. Luke’s Food Pantry – 623 East 138th Street Bronx Fri. 10am-12 noon Margarita Cabrera 718-665-6677
- St. Nicholas of Tolentine Food Pantry – 2345 University Avenue Bronx Wed. 9-12 noon. Mayra Gomez 718-220-2824
- St. Thomas Aquinas Food Pantry – 1900 Crotona Parkway Bronx Wed. 10-12 noon. Irma Garcia 718-589-5235
- Muslim Women’s Inst. – 1363 Ogden AvenueBronx Tues. 10-12 noon; Thurs. 1PM-3PM. Nurah Amatulla 71230 18-960-2662
- Our Lady of Solace – 731 Morris Park AvenueBronx Thurs. Fri. 1-4pm. Diana Boschen 718-863-3282
- Part of the Solution (POTS) – 2750 Webster Avenue Bronx Mon-Fri 12-3pm; 4-5pm.Tania Rodriguez 718-220-4892
- Queen of Peace – 335 East 145th Street Bronx M;T;W; Sat;Sun 9am-10am. Sister Trinidad 718-292 0019
- St. Simon Stock – 2191 Valentine AvenueBronx Fri. 9- 11. Kenia Tavarez 718-367-1251
Financial Assistance for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19.
The City will provide relief for small businesses across the City seeing a reduction in revenue because of COVID-19. NYC Employee Retention Grant Program – the City is offering small businesses with fewer than 5 employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees. https://on.nyc.gov/39kPU4y
Evictions – There is a 90-day moratorium on commercial and residential evictions. https://bit.ly/39iftTG
NYC Health – Stay Informed, for real-time updates Text COVID to 692-692 or visit https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-main.page
The Department of Education is working on properly distributing their equipment to those in need and will provide a device for families in need. Please fill out this survey as soon as possible if you do not have access to a computer https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)
Contacts and services
- General: Infoline 718-557-1399
- Adult Protective Services: 212-630-1853
- Child Support Helpline: 888-208-4485
- Domestic Violence & Emergency Intervention: 800-621-4673
- Emergency Food Assistance: 866-888-8777
- HIV/AIDS Services Administration: 212-971-0626
- Report Welfare Fraud: 718-722-8001 or fill out a form online
The Official Website of the City of New York
Notify NYC & Other NYC Apps
Stay informed about emergencies with real-time updates.
NYC Official Social media pages
NYC Health: CoronaVirus information
Rockland County Government
NYC Department of Education