Resources for families and children in the Hudson Valley & Bronx
NYS Dept of Health Novel Coronavirus Hotline
Student Loans – State debt collection on student debt and medical debt will have payments frozen for at least 30 days. https://on.ny.gov/33Ktybr
Mortgage Relief – A 90-day mortgage relief period and foreclosures are suspended or postponed for those facing financial hardship because of COVID-19. https://on.ny.gov/3boRh3n
Tenants’ Rights Hotline: 212-979-0611
Call if you have been threatened by your Landlord with eviction or rent issues.
Internet Access – For those in need of internet access, Spectrum is offering free wi-fi and high-speed internet during the crisis to households with K-12 and college students. Please contact 1-844-488-8395 or go to spectrum.net.
Income Tax – The deadline for filing your Federal and NYS income taxes has been postponed to July 15.
Healthcare – NY State of Health is offering a special open enrollment through April 15. https://on.ny.gov/39kS9F0
Hudson Valley Resources:
- Dutchess Responds
features information for Dutchess County residents who want to offer assistance, through volunteering, monetary donations or other efforts to help in the fight against Coronavirus.
- Dutchess County Outreach
Food Pantry – The food pantry will be held on Saturdays from 10 am – 1pm
Church of the Messiah, 6436 Montgomery Street, Rhinebeck, NY
- Rockland County Government
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Lehman College – The NYS Dept. of Health has made drive-thru testing for COVID-19 available in Lehman College, 250 Bedford Park Blvd W, Bronx. By appointment only. Contact 1-888-364-3065.
Jacobi Hospital – The NYC Health and Hospitals Corp. has made drive-thru testing available at Jacobi Hospital, 1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx. By appointment only. Please contact 311.
Grab & Go Breakfast & Lunch available for any student at the entrance of every DOE school building from 7:30 am-1:30 pm. More information https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals
Catholic Charities – Feeding Our Neighbors Food Program
For more information on other services call our Catholic Charities HELPLINE #: 1-888-744-7900. FreshDirect has partnered with Catholic Charities to provide grab and go meals. Call before heading out to any of these locations due to limited resources.
- St. Lucy’s Church on Tuesdays – 833 Mace Ave, Bronx, NY 10467
- CCCS Bronx Food Pantry – 402 East 152nd Street Bronx Wed. 11am-2pm; Thurs., Fri. 10-12. Rolando Rodriguez 718 292-9090
- St. Augustine Food Pantry – 1168 Franklin Avenue Bronx Mon. 10-12noon;Thurs. 5-7pm. Raymond Garcia 718-213-4458
- Abraham House – 342 Willis Avenue Bronx Sat. 6:30am-7:30am Althea Brooks 718-292-9321
- Immaculate Conception Food Pantry –754 East Gun Hill Road Bronx Mon-Fri, Call Ahead Fr. Meena 718-653-2200
- St. Frances of Rome Food Pantry – 4307 Barnes Avenue Bronx Alt. Fri. 10am-12 noon Lorrin Johnson 718-324-5340
- St. Jerome’s Food Pantry – 230 Alexander Avenue Bronx Wed. 4-6pm Sr. Ana Zamora 718 402-7866
- St. Luke’s Food Pantry – 623 East 138th Street Bronx Fri. 10am-12 noon Margarita Cabrera 718-665-6677
- St. Nicholas of Tolentine Food Pantry – 2345 University Avenue Bronx Wed. 9-12 noon. Mayra Gomez 718-220-2824
- St. Thomas Aquinas Food Pantry – 1900 Crotona Parkway Bronx Wed. 10-12 noon. Irma Garcia 718-589-5235
- Muslim Women’s Inst. – 1363 Ogden AvenueBronx Tues. 10-12 noon; Thurs. 1PM-3PM. Nurah Amatulla 71230 18-960-2662
- Our Lady of Solace – 731 Morris Park AvenueBronx Thurs. Fri. 1-4pm. Diana Boschen 718-863-3282
- Part of the Solution (POTS) – 2750 Webster Avenue Bronx Mon-Fri 12-3pm; 4-5pm.Tania Rodriguez 718-220-4892
- Queen of Peace – 335 East 145th Street Bronx M;T;W; Sat;Sun 9am-10am. Sister Trinidad 718-292 0019
- St. Simon Stock – 2191 Valentine AvenueBronx Fri. 9- 11. Kenia Tavarez 718-367-1251
WCK to distribute meals in The Bronx
As the immediate and ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States continues to evolve, World Central Kitchen is working to identify needs across the country and how to respond most effectively. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, in partnership with Bronx Assemblymember Michael Blake of the 79th District, WCK will distribute thousands of fresh, individually packaged grab-and-go meals to local families.
These meals will be available to anyone in the area who needs extra support during this uncertain time. Using our expertise as a food logistics organization, we will be distributing meals at the designated sites listed below during lunchtime. They will be individually-packed fresh meals, ready to heat at home.
Pick up locations & times change. For an updated list of locations, please visit https://wck.org/news/thebronx
NYC’s Child Care Centers open to Essential Workers in NYC
Financial Assistance for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19.
The City will provide relief for small businesses across the City seeing a reduction in revenue because of COVID-19. NYC Employee Retention Grant Program – the City is offering small businesses with fewer than 5 employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees. https://on.nyc.gov/39kPU4y
Evictions – There is a 90-day moratorium on commercial and residential evictions. https://bit.ly/39iftTG
NYC Health – Stay Informed, for real-time updates Text COVID to 692-692 or visit https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-main.page
The Department of Education is working on properly distributing their equipment to those in need and will provide a device for families in need. Please fill out this survey as soon as possible if you do not have access to a computer https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
To keep students connected and able to participate in remote learning, the DOE is lending 300,000 internet-enabled iPads to students. Priority will be given to students most in need. All devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned. There is a limit of one device per student. Learn more at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/ipad-distribution
NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)
Contacts and services
- General: Infoline 718-557-1399
- Adult Protective Services: 212-630-1853
- Child Support Helpline: 888-208-4485
- Domestic Violence & Emergency Intervention: 800-621-4673
- Emergency Food Assistance: 866-888-8777
- HIV/AIDS Services Administration: 212-971-0626
- Report Welfare Fraud: 718-722-8001 or fill out a form online
The Official Website of the City of New York
Notify NYC & Other NYC Apps
Stay informed about emergencies with real-time updates.
NYC Official Social media pages
NYC Health: CoronaVirus information
Rockland County Government
NYC Department of Education