Prevention Services/Family Connections is a time-limited (4-6 months), evidence-based model that utilizes a home-based approach to address both the concrete and clinical needs of the family. Prevention services utilize comprehensive family assessment tools to identify behaviors related to risk and to develop Core Outcomes that address the identified child welfare concerns within a family. With a strengths-based approach, case planners are committed to supporting families around developing skills and competencies that will enable them to keep their children in the home and out of placement.
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Weekly Home Visits
- Psychiatric Evaluation Referrals
- Education Advocacy
- Social Skill Development
- Parent Education and Support
- The family must live within catchment area Community District 12; families from Community District 7 and Community District 11 may also be eligible for services
- The family must have at least one child, between the ages birth-18, that resides in the home
- The family must have at least one risk factor identified that impacts the child(ren) negatively
- The family must be referred to Prevention Services through one of the following:
- Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)
- Community Agency
- Self-Referral, Walk-In
For more information or to make a referral to this program, contact:
750 Tilden Street
Bronx, NY 10467
Tel: (646) 581-8184
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)
Learn about Astor's other Bronx Community-based programs:
- Care Management
Ensures appropriate access and service management via care coordination and service integration.
- Counseling Centers
Provides counseling, psychiatric services and case management to children and adolescents, and their families.
- Day Treatment
A school-based intensive treatment program that integrates mental health and special education services for students grades K — 8.
- Lawrence F. Hickey Center for Child Development (Little Red School House)
Special education therapeutic preschool
- Prevention Services
Time-limited, evidence-based model that utilizes a home-based approach to address both the concrete and clinical needs of the child and the family.
- Residential Programs
The Residential Treatment program is a therapeutic out-of-home placement serving children aged 5–13 who have emotional challenges that exceed community-based interventions. The program is located in Rhinebeck, NY, and accepts children from all counties of New York State.
Residential Treatment Center
Residential Treatment Facility
- School-Based Behavioral Health Treatment (SBBHT)
Services provided to schools in New York City.
- Serving Youth iN Their Communities (SYNC)
Through supportive skill-building and clinical services, SYNC helps to build a strong foundation so that youth and families can be active and productive members of their communities
Provides services to school-aged youths, 4-18 years old, who exhibit behavioral difficulties in order to promote academic stability and successful promotion to the next grade level.