Astor offers an array of services derived from evidence-based models, providing a comprehensive mental health partnership that is flexible and customizable to the unique needs of each school population.
Designed to impact the entire school; including:
- Identification and referrals
Classroom & group interventions target at-risk students and enhance faculty skills; including:
- Intensive case consultation with teachers and school support team
- PBIS/TCI Crisis Assessment
- Groups with identified students
- Specific staff training
- Teacher consultation
- Crisis avoidance, crisis response, and peer mediation
For identified individual students and families in need; including:
- Evidence-based treatment, assessments, and evaluations as part of on-site Article 31 satellite school-based mental health clinic
- Mental health/educational referrals and case planning
For more information or to make a referral to this program, contact:
Tel: (718) 751-5407
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)
Learn about Astor's other Bronx Community-based programs:
- Care Management
Ensures appropriate access and service management via care coordination and service integration.
- Counseling Centers
Provides counseling, psychiatric services and case management to children and adolescents, and their families.
- Day Treatment
A school-based intensive treatment program that integrates mental health and special education services for students grades K — 8.
- Lawrence F. Hickey Center for Child Development (Little Red School House)
Special education therapeutic preschool
- Prevention Services
Time-limited, evidence-based model that utilizes a home-based approach to address both the concrete and clinical needs of the child and the family.
- Residential Programs
The Residential Treatment program is a therapeutic out-of-home placement serving children aged 5–13 who have emotional challenges that exceed community-based interventions. The program is located in Rhinebeck, NY, and accepts children from all counties of New York State.
Residential Treatment Center
Residential Treatment Facility
- School-Based Behavioral Health Treatment (SBBHT)
Services provided to schools in New York City.
- Serving Youth iN Their Communities (SYNC)
Through supportive skill-building and clinical services, SYNC helps to build a strong foundation so that youth and families can be active and productive members of their communities
Provides services to school-aged youths, 4-18 years old, who exhibit behavioral difficulties in order to promote academic stability and successful promotion to the next grade level.