Therapeutic Transitions Program (TPP) is a short-term educational and clinical program for students experiencing mental health trauma or crisis requiring hospitalization or are at risk of hospitalization. TTP is provided in collaboration with Astor Services for Children and Families, Ulster BOCES, and local school districts. Enrollment is 4 weeks with an extension available.
All referrals are made from the student’s home school district to the TTP program director. Following the referral, an intake meeting is held to determine eligibility. This meeting includes a TTP clinician, TTP teacher, school district representatives, the parents, and the student. All transportation to TTP is provided by the student’s home district.
- Provides students with the psychological and clinical support they need to stabilize following mental health trauma and crisis
- Provides students with instruction and instructional support to successfully complete their studies while enrolled in TTP
- Maximizes communication, cooperation, and involvement with TTP staff, district staff, and parents to ensure continuity
- Ensures smooth and successful transition back to the student’s home district or alternative placement
- Assessment, Screening, Evaluation and Treatment Planning
- Partnership with parents throughout entire process
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Instruction and Educational Support (including academic curricula, classwork and requirements are provided by the student’s home district to BOCES)
TTP serves students with significant mental health disturbances enrolled in Grades 7-12. Students in a BOCES component district who are experiencing trauma or crisis, are at a significant risk for hospital placement, or are returning to their community school following a hospital placement or partial hospitalization.
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
For more information contact:
Salena M. Gray, LMHC
Deputy Director of Day Treatment Programs in the Hudson Valley
319 Broadway (Rt. 9W)
Port Ewen, NY 12466
845-486-4840 ext. 3077
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)