Juvenile Risk Intervention Services Coordination (J-RISC) is a community-based service offered through Dutchess County’s Department of Community Corrections and Probation. The program offers Functional Family Therapy to youth who are identified as high-risk for Family Court involvement and/or juvenile detention or placement.
J-RISC utilizes an intensive team intervention approach. The team includes a Probation Officer dedicated to the J-RISC assigned youth, a Probation employed Case Manager, and an Astor clinician specifically trained in the evidence-based model, Functional Family Therapy.
- Engages both the youth and their families
- Seeks to reduce risk factors while enhancing protective factors
- Develops specific behavior change plans with the families that are sustained beyond completion of the program
- Increases the families ability to utilize community resources and engage in relapse prevention
- A YASI reassessment is completed on all youth discharged
- Youth who complete the program have lower rates of placement and lower rates of the youth’s re-involvement with the juvenile justice system
Family Court Unit Probation Officers refer youth identified as high risk by the Youth Assessment and Screening Instrument (YASI).
For more information or to make a referral to this program, contact:
Erik Hansen, Psy.D.
Tel: (845) 486-2678
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)