← Hudson Valley
Do you live in Dutchess County and are you currently pregnant or parenting a child under 5 years old that has complex needs? The ECCSI (Enhanced Coordinated Children s Services Initiative) Spanish Speaking Early Childhood Specialist can assist in connecting you to community resources and advocating for your family’s needs.
Do you live in Dutchess County and your family is working with more than one service system I.e. child welfare, juvenile justice, education, or behavioral health to prevent out of home placement? The ECCSI Family Resource Specialists can partner with your family to collaborate with your service providers, provide family support, and increase your family’s knowledge, access, and participation in additional community-based services/resources.
Enhanced Coordinated Children’s Services Initiative (ECCSI) is a multi-agency process to refer, remove barriers, and secure linkages with community-based programs. ECCSI is:
- A process that seeks to prevent out-of-home placement for children between ages 0-18
- A collaboration between families and community providers to strengthen the families of children at risk of placement outside the home
- Provided at no cost to the family
- Family members may self-refer
Who Can Participate
- Families must reside in Dutchess County
- Youth ages 0-18 years old and at risk for out of home placement
- Families must be involved with more than one community service
- Women who are pregnant are also eligible
- Youth who have criminal charges pending and/or are already involved in Dutchess County Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) Preventive Program are ineligible
- Effectively coordinate services to meet each family’s unique needs
- Increase access to community-based services to families
- Assist families in successfully navigating multiple systems and providers. Examples include:
The ECCSI process is partially funded by the County of Dutchess.
For more information on ECCSI, please feel free to contact:
Katie L. Castell, LCSW-R
Spanish-Speaking Early Childhood Specialist
ECCSI Family Resource Specialists
English Speaking (845) 249-8028
Spanish Speaking (347) 839-1504
Astor Services For Children & Families
205 South Avenue, Suite 103
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
For additional resources:
Helping Our Families Resource Guide
A comprehensive guide to services available to children and families in Dutchess County NY. Use this guide to locate up-to-date community resources for your children and family. Service providers and other professionals can use this guide to assist families with connecting to community resources.
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)