← Hudson Valley
Day Treatment (DT) is a highly structured, school-
based treatment program that provides mental health
and educational services to children in grades 2-12, and
those obtaining their high school equivalency with serious emotional and behavioral issues. DT is provided in collaboration with Astor Services for Children & Families, Dutchess BOCES, and local school districts. The DT interdisciplinary team of trained professionals provides a nurturing and supportive environment for children who have difficulty learning in a regular day-to-day school setting. The average length of program stay is between 18 months – 24 months.
Day Treatment students:
- Learn in classrooms of 8 students with 1 teacher and 1 teaching assistant (employed by Dutchess County BOCES) supported by the clinical team of psychiatrist, social workers and BOCES crisis workers
- Develop the age appropriate social, emotional and learning skills to improve their academic standing, in order to return to their home school districts
The Day Treatment Program is committed to helping our students succeed in school, home and community. Our successes are due to the level of integration of the educational and mental health services within the program.
- Academic education individualized to the learning and behavioral needs of each child through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Children are grouped both by age and level of academic functioning
- Individual and group therapy once a week during the school day·
- Psychiatric consultation services are available 3 days a week
- Crisis prevention through early intervention is available all day
All children admitted have behavioral and emotional problems that seriously interfere with school, home and community adjustments. Family members refer children to their district Committees of Special Education (CSE) for assessment. The district CSE reviews and approves all referrals.
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
For referrals or more information, please contact:
Salena M. Gray, LMHC
Deputy Director of Day Treatment Programs in the Hudson Valley
(845)486-4840 ext. 3077
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)