Serving Youth iN Their Communities
← Hudson Valley
Does your youth have Medicaid?
Is your family impacted by the youth’s behavioral/mental health challenges?
Does your youth’s behavior impact how they’re able to engage with others at home, in school, or in the community?
Serving Youth iN their Communities (SYNC) offers an array of the new state plan services which can be provided in a youth’s home, school, and other community-based locations. These services are tailored to meet the behavioral and emotional health needs of each child. In partnership with families, SYNC is dedicated to keeping children with behavioral health difficulties in their communities and current school placements through early intervention thereby avoiding more intensive and even out of home treatments. Through supportive skill-building and clinical services, SYNC helps to build a strong foundation so that youth and families can be active and productive members of their communities.
Services may include:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Caregiver empowerment, support, and advocacy
- De-escalation and crisis avoidance consultation
- Coping, social and communication skills training and development
- Resource identification and referrals
- Children ages 0-21
- Children with Medicaid
- Children with emotional/behavioral health challenges that require medically necessary skill building and treatment
Referrals to the SYNC Program can be made by caregivers, licensed professionals, schools, hospitals and community agencies.
Trish Luchnick, Director of Family Driven Care
205 South Ave, Suite 201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tel: (845) 546-3862
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Learn about Astor's other Hudson Valley Community-based programs:
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
An alternative to school, short-term intensive therapy program
- Astor Learning Center
Therapeutic school for grades K-8
- Care Management (Health Homes)
Medicaid benefit that refers, organizes, and coordinates provider(s) involvement for families
- Counseling Centers
Providing therapy, psychiatric services and case management to children and adolescents and their families
- Day Treatment
In partnership with BOCES, a school-based intensive mental health and special education service for grades 2-12
Intensive Day Treatment
Therapeutic Transitions Program
- Enhanced Coordinated Children’s Services Initiative
A multi-agency process that seeks to prevent out-of-home placement and coordinate services to meet the family’s complex needs in Dutchess County
- Family Therapy and Support Services
Services to youth with behavioral issues, including Juvenile Delinquent (JD) and Persons in Need of Supervision (PINS) in Orange County
- Head Start
Federally funded preschool programs. Read more…
- High Fidelity Wraparound
Evidence-based care coordination that uses a highly structured, team-based, family-centered approach
- Home Based Crisis Intervention (HBCI)
Short-term in home family therapy program for families who live in Dutchess and Ulster Counties
- Prevention / Intensive Home Based Services
In-home program that serves parents with children at risk of foster care placement in Dutchess County
- Probation Based Services (J-RISC)
Family therapy program for children involved with Dutchess County’s Department of Community Corrections and Probation.
- School-Based Behavioral Health and Training
School-based clinics and other mental health/casework supports embedded in community schools.
- Serving Youth iN Their Communities (SYNC)
Home and community based services for children with Medicaid
- Therapeutic Foster Boarding Home Program
Enhanced therapeutic foster care program with case management, advocacy, medical services, and 24/7 support