← Hudson Valley
The Astor Learning Center is currently providing hybrid instruction.
Are you looking for a small school environment where expectations are set, and students are provided individualized skills to do their best?
Do you want your child’s voice to be heard, allowing them to make positive contributions to their school?
Are you looking for differentiated instruction to meet your child’s specific Individualized Education Plan?
The Astor Learning Center (ALC) is a therapeutic school for children facing educational, emotional, and behavioral challenges. The ALC provides a nurturing learning environment where children who have often experienced failure in school can finally succeed. Started in 2010, Astor’s Day Student Program enables children from the local community to stay at home and attend a more structured educational environment that better meets their needs.
No one will be denied access to services due to their inability to pay. A discounted/sliding fee schedule is available based on family size and income.
The ALC includes:
- Small class sizes of six to eight students including individual instruction, as needed
- High student/teacher ratios of one teacher and two teacher assistants/class enhance learning
- Special area classes in Art, Computer Lab, Physical Education, Library, & Music
- Spacious, well-equipped, and beautifully decorated classrooms
- Large windows in wide hallways
- A team-based approach to problem-solve for struggling students
- K-8 grade educational services
- Development of social and emotional competence of young children
- Intensive speech/language therapy when indicated
- Occupational & Physical therapy when indicated
- Individual & group therapy when indicated
- Other specialized services, as needed
All referrals must come from the child’s home school district Committee on Special Education (CSE).
6339 Mill Street
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Tel: (845) 871-1031
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)