The Astor Home-Based Crisis Intervention Program (HBCI) is designed to prevent psychiatric hospitalization or out of home placement. HBCI is an intensive, short-term crisis intervention service and family therapy program.
• Crisis Intervention
• Home-based Assessment & Treatment Planning
• Family & Individual Therapy
• Case Management & Referral Services
HBCI is staffed with licensed clinicians who are available to families 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to crisis situations.
HBCI Referral Process
Astor’s HBCI Program accepts referrals from parents/caregivers, community members, schools, children’s mental health providers, other agencies working with children, and psychiatric hospital emergency departments.
HBCI Intake Criteria
- Youth must be at-risk of inpatient hospitalization or out-of-home placement
- The identified child and family in crisis is seeking an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization or out of home placement
- The child is 18 years or younger and lives in Dutchess or Ulster County
- The family wants to remain together in the home
Email: Please use our Program Contact Form »
To refer or obtain more information:
Alexis VanDeCarr, LCSW-R
Community Liaison for Dutchess County
Site Director for Home Based Crisis Intervention
205 South Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Phone: (845) 554-1365 x102
Fax: (845) 453-3033
Program brochure (PDF file)
Folleto del programa (archivo PDF)